Continuing in the series of planning an auction! Yes, you need to start doing things 12 months out! If you missed part 1 & 2, you can click on the link below!
TIMELINE 5-7 MONTHS
- Time for everyone on the committee to know their role, and for committee leaders to start developing plans and assign tasks.
- Make sure your sponsorships and underwriting are meeting your event goals.
- Save-The-Date cards should be mailed out, and invitations should be in the design stage.
- Review marketing plan on how you are going to get the RIGHT people at your event. If you haven’t already, develop a website specifically dedicated to your fundraising event.
- In addition to a website – start promoting your event through social media. You can even create a hash-tag specifically dedicated to your fundraising event.
- Go through your current procurement – and discuss with your auctioneer what is needed to round out your auction. Pick items specifically designed for your crowd. Also – set a procurement deadline.
- IMPORTANT – Begin brainstorming your mission and goal for your Special Appeal. Are you doing a video? Are you having a speaker? Work with your auctioneer to determine how will achieve your goal.
- All the logistics of your event should be worked out – it is now down to the details.