It isn’t always about what happens the night of your event. It is how you are cultivating life-long donors. And how you are using social media, technology and other things to retain donors and get them interested in your cause.
I found this article online about the trends of 2018… and even though there are just a few months left of the year, I think the information is pretty relevant.
It was written by Tina Jepson of CauseVox. She talks about the 5 things that impact fundraising in 2018.
CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE:
5 SHIFTS THAT WILL IMPACT YOUR FUNDRAISING
CLICK THE LINK ABOVE FOR THE ENTIRE STORY.
HERE ARE THE BIG 5 Tina mentions, and one of the tips.
- Changes In How We Use Social Media… tip: ask supporters to share their versions of your nonprofit story on their personal pages.
- Focus On Email… tip: follow fundraising email best practices.
- The Internet of Things… tip: ramp up data tracking with CSM software.
- Digital Payments… tip: ensure the donor page on your website is user friendly.
- Realize Your Donor Base Is Shifting… tip: ensure you are catering to your average donor.
Things like you see in this article are what we are telling clients everyday. Make sure you have a Professional Benefit Auctioneer doing your auction. Make sure it is someone who understands your audience, and can not only make the most money out them, but can also help you create life-long donors.
We are here to help: 206-963-7148 / firstname.lastname@example.org