I recently did a seminar with my friends at Greater Giving. One of the topics we discussed was different committees you need as you plan your auction.
CLICK HERE FOR GREATER GIVING’S BLOG ABOUT EVENT COMMITTEE ROLES
Thanks to Greater Giving for the descriptions below… for the full article, click the link above.
- Generates the budget.
- Appoints committee chairs.
- Maintains communication with staff.
- Identifies possible sponsors for your event.
- Develops a strategy for acquiring sponsors.
- Delivers the promised benefits to sponsors.
- Recruits and energizes volunteers.
- Works with all event committees.
- Identifies volunteer needs and figures out how to meet them.
- Communicates with volunteers.
- Organizes and delegates event night tasks.
- Decides how to promote the event.
- Works with media sponsors.
- Creates press releases.
- Manages various methods of communication: TV, print, web, email and social media.
- Holds a procurement brainstorming party to identify items to target for donation.
- Locates and gathers items for both the silent and live auctions.
- Creates an item request letter to be sent out to possible donors.
- Creates an item donation form for tracking purposes.
- Packages items together as needed for both the silent and live auctions.
- Sends thank you letters to item donors.
- Signs up attendees.
- Coordinates registration.
- Coordinates admission, check-in and check-out.
- Organizes seating arrangements.
- Hires photographer.
- Designs event invitations.
- Mails event invitations.
- Follows up with invitees.
- Determines and contracts the entertainment.
- Sets up the event night program.
- Works with the logistics committee.
- Selects the entertainment, the emcee, the guest speaker and the auctioneer.
- Works with the lighting, AV and sound crews.